Sacraments and Society
- Without clear ideas of what it means to follow God, people grope for find new ways.
- This has fragmented the Body of Christ and led to disillusionment
- The biggest effect is probably cheapening marriage. No longer supernatural, it has become just another contract, like a lease.
- Sacraments provide a day-in, day-out personal relationship with Christ. They remain present event when we don’t feel on fire with love for the Lord. This sustains faith, keeping it intact in times of dryness.
- Sacraments link people together in the Body of Christ: priests administering most of them, but also confirmation sponsors and spouses. This gives everyone the ability to act as Christ toward others at various time in their life.